Monday, December 1, 2008

Sarah Elizabeth Thompson

Adam and I drove up to Michigan (3 hour trip) to see my son Tim and his wife Skyla and my new granddaughter Sarah Elizabeth Thompson who was born on November 21. We had to cut short our visit because a big snowstorm was moving in the next morning, so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted.

Sarah slept almost all the time we were there, but I understand that she keeps her parents hopping during the night every night.


Sarah was born five weeks prematurely. She weighed only 5 1/4 pounds
(less than 2 1/2 kg). She is so tiny that I felt like I might break her when I held her.



The proud parents. They put their Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving - apparently a family tradition of Skyla's family. I've never known anyone to do that before.




Lucy who lost her status as "only child" is now Sarah's staunch protector.



3 comments:

Booyah! said...

congratulations! they look like a very happy family :D

Thunderthud said...

They seem to be happy as clams.

Booyah! said...

that's really great :D